Homer fire department stomps out house fire on Danview

Jul 13, 2018

Credit Photo courtesy of the City of Homer

The Homer Volunteer Fire Department and Kachemak Emergency Services responded to a house fire in Homer early Friday morning.

The Homer Fire Department was notified of the fire off East Danview Avenue at about 5:23 a.m. According to Homer Fire Chief Terry Kadel, the blaze was likely caused by a citronella candle burning on the front porch of the home.

Kadel says there was extensive fire and water damage to the porch and living room of the single-story home. He says most of the home did not sustain damage from the fire or from firefighters’ response, which lasted just over two hours.