KBBI Diversity Statement
Kachemak Bay Public Broadcasting (KBBI) strives to ensure that its staff, Board of Directors, and Community Advisory Board are reflective of the diverse population it serves. Additionally, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s (CPB) Diversity Eligibility Criteria requires public media organizations to adopt formal goals for diversity and to report annually on steps taken to work toward those goals. These actions are required for all stations receiving Community Service Grants funds (CSG).
To that end, KBBI has set the following diversity goals:
- Recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
- Provide equal opportunity in employment.
- Educate our management and staff annually in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
- Seek candidates for KBBI’s Community Advisory Board that represent the geographically and demographically diverse composition of the many communities we serve.
- Seek diverse candidates for our Board of Directors through the Board Enhancement Committee process.
- Assist in developing a more diverse future workforce with professional skills in the broadcasting/media industry by recruiting diverse candidates for KBBI internship opportunities and/or by participating in local minority or other diversity job fairs.