With on-air messaging, your message will be heard by a loyal audience, while also supporting quality programming and local news 24/7. Listeners appreciate public radio’s style and format.
Public radio offers a clutter free environment with short and concise messages. KBBI is the number one listened to station in the greater Homer and Anchor Point areas, with a weekly listenership of 5,710 between M-F 6am-7pm for ages 12 and up. With 54.4 % of the total community listening to KBBI, your message is heard. These ratings are more than double of any other station in the area. (Statistics provided from an independent surveyor Eastlan Ratings, Fall 2010).
No other media source reaches homes and businesses throughout our broadcast region, covering 20 communities in the Kenai Peninsula from as far south as Kodiak Island and as far north as Kasilof. Because KBBI is an AM station, it reaches locations FM stations cannot. Click here to see our current Underwriters.
- There is a ten spot minimum buy for one message to be produced.
- The length of message is 15 seconds, voiced by KBBI staff only, and cannot include music or any other background sound. This supports consistency and makes messages easy to understand by our listeners.
- Special event underwriting receives a complimentary post on KBBI’s facebook page (over 2,500 fans). Your message with your website link is posted, date/time determined by KBBI.
- In order for us to be able to get your message produced and into our system, we need your approved copy at least five days prior to your preferred air date.
- KBBI reserves the right to terminate the contract without cause at any time.
- If you are interested in airing messages on KDLL’s 91.9 FM station, we can create that contract as well.
- Nonprofits: inquiry about nonprofit rates and 30 second EPSAs.
- On our website we will provide a direct link to your website.
- Acknowledgment of support will be posted once on KBBI’s facebook (over 2,500 fans) with a link to your website.
- Full advance payments for annual contracts receive a 10% discount.
- Annual contract messages can be changed quarterly. There’s a $25 fee to produce additional messages.
- Inquire about our new package plans offering discounts for certain annual contracts, which ranges in savings from $80-$400.
Clear guidelines make for a good message. A combination of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and KBBI guidelines ensure that the message brought forth is clear, concise, and free of commercial clutter.
Announcements may NOT include the following:
- Calls to Action ("call, stop by, invite, join, come” or phrases prompting action)
- References to price ("free, on sale...” or the actual price)
- Superlatives ("best, greatest, most reliable, more…” or other qualitative descriptors)
- Inducements to buy, rent, sell, or lease (“discounts, complementary…”)
- Comparative language however factual (award-winning, board-certified, top rated...”)
- Adjectives (“cozy, stellar, lovely, happy…”)
- The number of products/services cannot exceed four items.
- Use personal pronouns ("you, your, our, we…"). It suggests a personal statement on the part of KBBI and is therefore not acceptable.
When you invest in KBBI, you take an active role in furthering the success of one of Homer’s respected institutions. In turn, the reputation of KBBI and public broadcasting sets your message apart and enhances your visibility with an audience that expects quality programming and services.
- Increase Your Visibility and Brand. Underwriting provides you with a high profile among KBBI’s loyal, engaged, and well-informed audience.
- Effective Communication. Your message will be heard in an uncluttered media environment. Public radio listeners appreciate the non-commercial language and are less likely to tune out than commercial radio audiences.
- Strengthen your image. Demonstrate your association with and support of KBBI’s commitment to the community, education, and public service. 80% of listeners agree that their opinion of a company is more positive when they discover it supports public radio.
- Improve Your Bottom Line. Underwriting is a smart, cost-efficient, and effective use of marketing and public relations dollars. Your underwriting dollars are tax-deductible as permitted by law for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations.
For more information contact KBBI’s Development Office
at 235-7721 x 224 or development at kbbi.org