The latest stories from the Home section of the BBC News web site.
Updated: 43 min 23 sec ago
Are Jewish people in London afraid for their safety after Paris attacks?
Eilish Doyle and her family who live outside Draperstown, Northern Ireland, have been without water for six days.
A major road in north Wales is closed as a tractor is left hanging off a bridge following a crash.
Tanzania offers a reward for information leading to the recovery of a missing albino girl feared to have been kidnapped for her body parts.
A UK doctor performed female genital mutilation on a young mother after she gave birth in hospital, a court has heard, in the first prosecution of its kind in the UK.
Singer James Blunt is in a war of words with Labour MP Chris Bryant about the public school background of leading performers.
Mons Meg, the world's most famous medieval gun, is removed from display at Edinburgh Castle in order to have an MOT.
Almost a quarter of girls in care in England become teenage mothers, according to figures obtained by a think tank.
Serie A side Sampdoria hope to complete the signing of veteran Everton striker Samuel Eto'o on Tuesday.
A pedestrian killed when he was hit by a car with a learner driver at the wheel was about to become a father, his widow says.
The widow of a victim of the 2005 bombings in London is jailed for stealing compensation money awarded to her son.
Police in Kenya fire teargas at school children and parents protesting over a 'land-grab' of their playground by a private developer.
A "human cannonball" stuntman was killed when the safety net intended to break his fall when he was fired from the back of a lorry, collapsed, an inquest hears.
Did King John actually 'sign' Magna Carta?
Golf's leaders are warned that they must not squander the opportunity of Rio 2016 to broaden the appeal of the sport.
Thousands of homes in Northern Ireland are without water after industrial action by a local supplier.
Temperatures dropped to -13C in some part of Scotland on Sunday night.
Police say a body found on an allotment site in Leicester is that of missing Cardiff woman Sameena Imam.
BBC News outlines some of the movers and shakers at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Is Oxfam right to predict that the wealthiest 1% of the world's population will have more wealth than the other 99% at some point next year?